When you see or hear the word ‘chakra‘ – what immediately comes into your awareness?
Such words as energy, chakras, auras and subtle bodies have become relatively commonplace within our everyday vocabularies and conversations. An ever-growing population want to know about energy and spirituality. Those yearning for something more than a routine daily existence have reached ‘critical mass’- they are prompted by a desire for inner fulfillment, for a reconnection with a sense of the sacred in life.
It is no wonder that the Chakra system appeals to Western ‘seekers after truth‘. Yet this raises the intriguing question – How can this ancient Chakric wisdom (from an Eastern culture) ‘make sense‘ and be appropriate to those living a modern Western-centric life?
My aim for this article is to invite you to engage with this scrutiny through a contemporary exploration of the ancient wisdom of Chakras.
I will offer two paradoxes by which to challenge established thinking. . .
Session 1: Getting to know ‘me’
- Practise yoga asanas (movements) and pranayama (breathing practices) to facilitate a relaxed, grounded and centred state
- Practise somatic alignment using sound and mantra – to establish one’s unique signature frequency
Session 2: Getting to know the ‘me’ I can be
Building on the previous session and using specific tonal work and mantra practice, this session invites a creative exploration to:
- Meet your body’s vocal range – through experience, awareness and expression
- Access clarity of what you need to become more of who you know you are and can be
SHERWOOD FOOD FESTIVAL – my contribution to the festival is on Thursday 15 September at Sherwood Library at 10am
I will be presenting my international lecture called ‘From the Amazon to Bournville – The Story of Chocolate and Cadbury’. Come join us at this event for what will be a journey of moreish delights!
Book for individual sessions or all 3. Minimum 10 participants required/session. Confirmation of 25th September’s session will be made by 18 September – so please book as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
This is an invitation to explore the vast consciousness of the feminine and its relevance to 21st century living.
• We will look at how this energy has become distorted and misrepresented in an adverse way
• We will explore its true qualities and recognise how important they are in life – for health and well-being
• We will focus on how to harness this consciousness to offer a better quality of living and creative life.
• Through a combination of Yoga practice, group-discussion, creative contemplation and more . . , the power of the feminine will be explored within a safe and nurturing environment.