ABOUT THE COURSE
An opportunity for students to acquire a sound understanding of the principles of the human energy system (including working with the chakra map), and be able to put them into practice for self-healing and personal development – all within a safe, nurturing and grounded learning environment.
This course is intended both as a personal development experience for those who are intrigued by and attracted to this approach, and as a CPD event for those who work in a helping, supportive or therapeutic role with others and who wish to gain both personally and professionally by means of a uniquely different paradigm.
The aim of this course is to enable you to appreciate, understand and access the potential for your own growth, healing and self-actualisation through the energetic system. It will draw on ideas, theories and knowledge, and the wisdom and practices, from 3 domains:
- Eastern Philosophy — the principles of Tantra Yoga and the practices of Hatha Yoga
- Western Psychology — Rogerian and Jungian concepts
- Physical Sciences — the laws of energy, electricity and electro-magnetism
Praxis School of Yoga has produced 18 for this course. By the end of the course students will be predisposed to:
- Understand the fundamental principles of Tantra Yoga philosophy, the
- Person-centred approach and Jungian concepts in relation to the enlightened self
- Understand the meaning of Quantum theory and its relevance to growth and healing through the energetic dimension
- Thoroughly understand the practical energy distribution system and Chakra map
- Appreciate the importance of the body’s survival mechanism and its place in personal and spiritual growth
- Respect the role of the ego and its place in personal growth and spiritual development
- Appreciate the power of mindfulness and its practice
- Actively prepare the physical body for mindful somatic awareness
- Learn the key skills of operating the energy system – grounding, ‘earthing’, psychic protection, sensitivity training, aura (electromagnetic field) awareness.
- Learn how to work with the fight/flight/freeze ‘alarm’ reaction
- Learn and practice how to work with fear in a healthy way
- Learn and practice how to work with anger in a respectful way.
- Explore the facets of the human existence and its qualities through the Chakra map